The trend of high-low hemlines is in full force. Like many fashion trends, it was introduced with exaggerated drama, and even appeared on a few “worst trends” lists.
Now, there are high-low blouses, dresses, tees and evening gowns that are delightful. It is a twist of newness and eminently wearable.
Here are some reasons to love the high-low trend:
• It translates into easy shapes for any body type.
• The silhouette adds femininity and a bit of drama.
• It says “I’m on trend” without being too far out.
• It can be an easy day-to-night transition with a simple change of shoes and/or jewelry.
Now here are some ways to wear the high low trend:
• High-low blouses or tunics: Pair with slim fit pants or capris. Because some tops are voluminous and billowy on their own, wear it with a slimmer pant so that you still keep your feminine silhouette. Longer high-low tops are great over leggings.
• For high-low skirts: Pair with a fitted top, tucked in if it works, and fabulous accessories. A wedge, heel or flat sandal is fine, just don’t let the skirt drag.
• For high-low dresses: This one is easy! Simply accessorize.